HOW DO I GET THE HEALTHY MIND AND BODY I WANT?
Are you satisfied with the physical state of your body? How much energy do you have on a daily basis? Would you say you have a healthy mind and body?
There are so many programs, products, books and ideas about how to prevent disease, lose weight, increase your strength and improve your appearance. In fact, the world dishes out $100 billion annually searching for the magic formula that will yield amazing fitness and alluring physical beauty. Yet, in the United States alone, two-thirds of the people are overweight, 25 million suffer from diabetes, and half of the population is on some type of prescription drug for health problems.
The solution to these issues, however, does not lie with technology, science or pharmacology. And the shortcuts or hacks that can give you that “quick fix” are merely a band-aid – they do not address the root of the problem. Yet maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regime seems to elude many of us, despite our best intentions.
If you want to make real, lasting change in your commitment to a healthy mind and body, then you must take charge and learn how to revitalize and transform the level of physical health, energy and vitality that you experience daily. And this can all be possible if you commit yourself to 12 Principles of Master Health.
By incorporating the 12 Principles of Master Health into your daily regime, you are holding yourself to a higher standard. You are making a commitment to your physical, mental and emotional health and well-being; this is more than just yet another healthy diet and exercise plan. In turn, you will be able to show up for others on an entirely new level. Because not only will you feel better and experience greater energy, you will find a renewed sense of excitement, joy, and possibility for your entire life.
PRINCIPLE 1: VITAL BREATHING AND LYMPHASIZING
Oxygen is picked up by the hemoglobin in the blood and distributed to all of the body’s trillions of cells, where it is then used to fuel the cells and release energy (ATP). In addition, the body is largely composed of the element oxygen. This is why the optimal oxygenation of your cells through proper nutrition, fluid intake, exercise and stress management is crucial in order to maintain your health and create a vital life. And one of the best ways to help oxygenate your body is to learn how to breathe correctly.
Every day, take 10 Power Breaths 3 times a day in the ratio: 1-4-2 (i.e., inhale for 8 seconds, hold for 32 seconds, then exhale for 16 seconds).
Your lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that is responsible for cleansing and nourishing your body. But unlike your cardiovascular system, your lymphatic system has no circulatory pump of its own, so it depends upon physical exercise and movement to propel lymph fluids throughout your body.
Lymphasizing is all about stimulating and improving your lymphatic circulation. Research has shown that exercise that involves opposing gravity does the most for your lymphatic system, resulting in a healthy mind and body. This is why 20-30 minutes of rebounding, or bouncing, preferably on a “rebounder,” will help provide the ideal conditions for cleansing your cells.
Rebounding has innumerable benefits, which include providing the stimulus for a free-flowing lymphatic drainage system, which helps rid your body of toxins, cancer cells, wastes, trapped protein, bacteria, viruses and other waste the cells cast off.
PRINCIPLE 2: WATER AND LIVE FOODS
Water is an essential and major component of all living matter. It is the largest single component of the body: Our brains are 76% water, our lungs are 90% water, our blood is 84% water, and blood plasma is 98% water. No healthy diet and exercise plan can succeed without adequate water intake. Critical bodily functions such as digestion, circulation and excretion cannot occur without it. It carries nutrients to all vital body substances, plays a crucial role in maintaining body temperature and serves as building material for growth and repair of the body.
Every day, drink half of your body weight in ounces. Also strive for at least 70% of your diet to consist of water-rich foods. This will allow your body to cleanse itself.
PRINCIPLE 3: ESSENTIAL OILS
Completely eliminating fat from your diet is one of the worst things you can do. The truth is that fats are very important to our diets and overall health. Every cell in your body requires essential fatty acids to function, particularly your brain, which is made up of 60% fat. For a healthy mind and body the secret is to know which fats are healthy and which fats are damaging.
These good fats consist of the essential fatty acids: Omega 3 and Omega 6. Your body must consume these fats to survive. Without them the lipid membrane around your cells starts to break down.
To supplement your diet with the essential fatty acids, try the following options:
* Consume foods that contain unprocessed fats in their natural state: nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, oils such as flax seed, olive oil and fish oil and avocado
* Try using Twin Lab’s Krill Oil: 300 mg per day
* Add Udo’s Choice Oil Blend to your food: 1 tablespoon per 50 lbs of body weight per day
PRINCIPLE 4: ALKALINITY – GO GREEN!
Balanced body chemistry and maintaining a proper ratio between acid and alkaline foods in your diet are of vital importance to maintaining your health. In fact, too much acidity in the body’s tissues is the cause of many types of health challenges ranging from lethargy and fatigue, to obesity, and ultimately to much bigger health issues and disease.
One of the highest priorities for your body is to make sure that the alkalinity remains at a level supporting cellular life. To help promote an alkaline state to support cellular life that results in a healthy mind and body, follow these rules:
* Consume 70-80% foods that are alkaline-forming and life-giving (green vegetables, almonds, avocados, lemons, limes, etc.)
* Avoid acid-forming foods that are not “live,” such as animal meats, dairy products, refined white foods, sugars, caffeine, etc.
* Test your pH
* Keep it simple: add fresh lemon to your water daily!
PRINCIPLE 5: AEROBIC ENERGY
The term “aerobic” means, literally, “with oxygen,” and refers to moderate exercise sustained over a period of time. Your aerobic system gives you your endurance, and it encompasses the heart, lungs, blood vessels and aerobic muscles. If you condition your metabolism to operate aerobically, and supply it with proper diet and exercise, you burn fat as your primary fuel.
Follow these guidelines for aerobic exercise:
* Build your base by doing 30 minutes of quality exercise 3-5 times per week (walk, run, swim, bike, take a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) or spinning class, etc.)
* Understand your ideal aerobic training heart rate: 180 minus your age
* Create a training plan: Once you have a base established, craft a regimen that will take your health to the next level
* Make it fun: Add elements to your routine (music, friends, a change of environment, a compelling race, etc.) to motivate you to follow through
PRINCIPLE 6: MAXIMUM NOURISHMENT
Our daily goal is to consume the foods that will help serve our body. To achieve maximum nourishment, follow these guidelines:
* Adhere to the previously stated rules of healthy eating: water-based foods, alkaline foods, essential oils
* Drink water before or after your meals, not during
* Properly combine your foods (eat fruit only on an empty stomach; do not eat carbs and proteins together; eat green vegetables/salad with proteins or with carbs; do not combine fats with proteins)
* Eat in a relaxed state
* Eat comfortable amounts of food (eat less so you can live longer to eat more!)
* Eat organic (foods free of pesticides, antibiotics, growth hormones)
* Watch the “Flash Flood Sugar Effect” Keep your Glycemic Index below 55
* Create your Ideal Food Pyramid: 70% of your diet should be live foods, 10% plant-based proteins or quality fish, 10% carbohydrates, and 10% quality oils
* Create the Base: Follow a daily regimen with the 7 Vital Nutrients for a foundation of health
* Challenge and Grow: Complete a periodic cleanse of your internal organs and body
* Celebrate and Reward: Supplement for specific conditions and maximize your results!
PRINCIPLE 7: STRUCTURAL ALIGNMENT AND MAXIMUM STRENGTH
The human body was designed for motion. Yet few of us actually use the full range of movement. This gift, the power of structural alignment and maximum strength, is designed to take charge of the motion-powered musculoskeletal system: one of the primary foundations and framework for human health and the systems that support it. Start focusing on the following:
* Move! Avoid living in a box: Take the stairs, stay active and move as many muscles in your body as you can daily! Remember, a healthy mind and body are connected.
* Implement an effective regimen of stretches and exercises that are balanced through bilateral symmetry and working opposing muscle groups.
PRINCIPLE 8: A DIRECTED MIND AND HEART
For thousands of years, alternative forms of medicine have focused on a natural, internal ability of the body to raise its resistance, fight disease and create health. One of the most potent biological mechanisms that promotes this type of health and healing is found directly in the mind. If utilized and directed effectively, our thoughts, emotions and mindset can be one of the most potent allies toward mitigating disease and manifesting energy and vitality.
For a healthy mind and body, make a concerted effort to practice these principles:
* Stand guard at the door of your mind: Condition empowering emotions such as gratitude, courage, faith, determination, compassion and love. Break your pattern and avoid emotions that create stress.
* Utilize the healing power of the heart: Three times a day stop what you are doing and shift your focus (mind, breath, emotion) to the area around your heart.
* Flood yourself with positive memories and future visions 10 minutes a day
PRINCIPLE 9: ELIMINATE OR REDUCE PROCESSED FATS
The major kinds of fats in the foods we eat are saturated, polyunsaturated, monounsaturated and trans fatty acids. On average, Americans consume 35-40% of our total calories in fat. The dangers of bad fats (or processed fats) include poor circulation (leading to high blood pressure), poor elimination, excess congestion and toxicity in the body. In addition, the body is not able to perform the functions that good fats (or unprocessed fats) provide.
This is why it is critical to:
* Eliminate or dramatically reduce your consumption of processed fats, trans fats and hydrogenated fats
* Keep your total daily fat intake below 25% (i.e., fewer than 25% of the calories you ingest should be fat, ideally less.
PRINCIPLE 10: ELIMINATE OR REDUCE ANIMAL FLESH
Countless studies and innumerable amounts of research have shown a direct relationship between an animal-based diet and such chronic illnesses as heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Even small amounts of animal-based foods can cause adverse effects. Focus on:
* Eliminating or dramatically reducing your consumption of animal flesh
* Total protein intake should be 5-6% per day and should come from plant-based sources, which are more efficient and have more antioxidants, fiber and minerals
If you still decide you still must consume animal flesh, follow the rules: eat it once a day, combine it with green vegetables/salad, eat it in the middle of the day, and choose a source that is free range, antibiotic free and organic.
PRINCIPLE 11: ELIMINATE OR REDUCE DAIRY PRODUCTS
Recent studies have shown that dairy has a significant correlation with osteoporosis, kidney problems and even certain forms of cancers. In one of the most prominent and comprehensive nutritional studies to date, The China Study, lead researcher Dr. T. Colin Campbell, researchers found that cancer was consistently promoted by casein, which makes up 87% of cow’s milk protein. Additionally, women who eat diets rich in animal foods excrete more calcium in their urine, providing a negative calcium balance. This is why it is advised to:
* Eliminate or dramatically reduce your consumption of dairy products
* Ensure that your daily calcium intake is about 400 milligrams per day and comes from plant-based sources that are calcium rich
* Try other alternatives (in moderation) such as rice milk, soy milk, or almond milk when you desire the texture or taste
PRINCIPLE 12: ELIMINATE OR REDUCE ACID ADDICTION
A diet that promotes over-acidification of the blood and tissues creates a terrain that is conducive to the growth of virus, bacteria, yeast and fungus — the great decomposers of cells and tissues in the human body.
To reduce and eliminate acid you need a diet consisting of live alkaline foods: dark green and yellow vegetables, soybeans, sprouted nuts, seeds, grains and essential fatty acids. This diet lowers the over-acidification of the blood and tissues with its abundance of bases and alkaline salts.
Try the following:
* Eliminate or dramatically reduce your consumption of acid addictions
* Use your common sense! Say no to the following addictions: caffeine, sugar, whites, vinegar, alcohol, nicotine and drugs. Associate yourself to the consequences and break your pattern.
* Alkalize! When you are consuming at least 70-80% alkaline, life-giving foods, your body will naturally decrease its desire for these addictions.
READY TO GET THE BODY YOU WANT?
Discover how to obtain and sustain your peak physical health with this special trial offer of Amir Seyedahmadpour’ The Body You Deserve.